A time and service exchange community and network for greater Indianapolis…
Why join Time Bank Indianapolis?
- Get to know your neighbors
- Be part of a community‐wide circle of giving and receiving
- Instead of paying for services, neighbors do them at no cost
- It’s FREE (though tax-deductible contributions are welcome…)
What is TimeBanking?
TimeBanking is a way of valuing time equally and increasing access to wealth and community. It is based on a gift or sharing economy.
TimeBank Indy is a volunteer‐led initiative that is creating a community-wide circle of giving. You volunteer your time and talents and receive, in return, help with your needs. Think of a babysitting pool where parents swap childcare services. TimeBanking expands that idea to create networks of giving & receiving.
You can become involved with TimeBank Indy in many different ways:
- you can participate, both on the individual or the family level
- non-profit and cooperative organizations can join (with a designated individual representative)
- your organization can become an organizational partner or strategic partner
- you can help us organize and run the TimeBank by volunteering your time to host events (and receiving an equal number of TimeBank Hours in return)
- you can become a Neighborhood Coordinator yourself
- you can lead community projects
Whatever your passion is, we have a need for it in the TimeBank, on some level, somewhere.
What do I have to offer?
- Do you volunteer your time already today? “Get credit” for volunteering, and use your “time credits” on other services YOU need!
- Do you like to help your neighbors with yardwork, or with rides to the airport?
- For more tips on what you can ask for or offer, click here…
- To see a listing of our Timebanker Talents, click here…
“It takes a village to raise a child,
but what does it take to raise a village?” – Edgar Cahn
Make a tax-deductible donation to TimeBank Indy!
We are currently accepting donations through our fiscal sponsor, Candlestick House & Engagement Center (CHEC), a local community-focused charitable organization with 501(c)(3) status. By doing so, your donations to this campaign are fully tax-deductible.
Special Instructions: When making your donation online or via check, please put “For TimeBank Indy” in the memo field, so your funds will be directed towards TimeBank Indy.